Pages

Monday, February 2, 2015

When the sun goes down

Paola, Gladys and Pool haha... our favorite youth and grandma 

February 2, 2015
One thing I LOVE about Jaen is that when I still haven’t figured out where the sun rises and sets. The whole sky just gets bright in the morning and at night the entire sky lights up. Like above us, on all sides, all mountains.. it’s amazing! That’s kind of how I feel about this week. I’m not really sure where the sun set or what happened, there was just a lot of contrasts and colors to the week. 
On Monday my comp continued to get worse health wise as I started to recover... we had a FHE with Rosa and Jhonson that was really important with members that we had to go to, so we just left. But then we ended up just sitting on a curb because Hna Bean couldn’t walk, and we had to call people about the FHE and figure stuff out, so all of the sudden I knew Spanish! I had to call everyone and talk to the people all by myself... kind of scary but actually a confidence booster because I could kind of do it! Rosa and Jhonson were not showing up, so I just kept praying and praying they would, and then they did! Moral of the story is that prayers work haha.. 
Everything went well, but after Hna Bean started to get a fever so I had to call zone leaders and President’s wife and stuff... haha I had no idea what to do. But it was fun adventure and now she is better and talks on the phone. 
Our new district is good... very different, but hopefully it will be good. We also have a zone conference with the Pres this week... stoked for that! 

Haha not sure about the rest of the week, but later on we stopped by Rosa and Jhonson to find Jhonson drinking and Rosa and her baby in a moto... turns out Jhonson has a drinking problem that we didn’t quite know about. So that was kind of a big bummer, because she doesn’t really want to get married to him anymore. But later on in the week we had another lesson and I kind of just called him out on it, and we all talked through it and the bishop came and gave him a blessing to overcome. I really have faith they can do it, and we’ve been working with them for a long time. Hopefully haha. 
Also this week we got to do some service and help a hermana move in which was super fun, except we were like the only people there to help and just lifted all of the furniture up over a wall... I was SO SORE. Hahaha but a good workout and we ate like 50 carrambola.. I think starfruit, because they had a tree. 
Funny things for the week.. one morning we were walking and a mentally handicapped man grabbed Hermana Bean by the arm and I had to un pry his arm from her haha... I was laughing so hard I was crying. 
Then our family Espinosa we were teaching and Hna Beans eyes were red, so they told her to put pee in it. And that every time they have stomach problems they drink their pee and it goes away... so hard not to laugh. These people are so awesome and crazy. 
Also we ate ice cream in the park with a man who has killed two people, first time I’ve met someone who has killed someone... but we talked for a bout half an hour, gave him a BOM because he lives in the jungle and answered a lot of deep questions. Pretty cool. 
Sunday we had 7 investigators attend church which is more than I have ever thought could, so we are definitely receiving lots of help from the Lord.
Also, our Pentista made Keenwa (quinoa) and I literally ate the whole pot at breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It was SO STINKIN YUMMY. Not sure why I liked it so much, but its my new favorite thing in Peru. 

More than anything, my testimony of prayer has been strengthened this week. IT WORKS. Whether it’s for someone to show up, to find Hna Gladys glasses, or to have someone stop drinking, or just to feel better, it works. If nothing else I’m grateful for the opportunity to be on a mission and learn how to pray. Heavenly Father ALWAYS answers. 
Love you all and thanks for your prayers and support. Hope you have a great week with all of the great and not so great things. Look for the miracles. It really is the contrast that makes it beautiful. 
 Hermana Clegg

Planning late at night with a bage of yummy fruit
from an investigator... not sure what, but sure were yummy!