Pages

Monday, March 14, 2016

Presidential Status....


arroz con leche (rice with milk)


March 14, 2016
Well, it is election time here in Peru, so that seems to be the main talk going around. Kind of exciting! And, this week has had quite a few adventures, and lots to do with President haha. 

On Monday we went to the doctor for my companion, turns out she almost ruptured both her eardrums from using q-tips, and had a bad infection because of it. But while we were waiting in the hospital, I was talking to the lady next to me and explained the importance of the Book of Mormon, and offered her one and she straight up turned me down. I was kind of bothered, but then my companion was talking to another lady and when I told my comp that the lady next to me turned down my offer, she said "good, because my lady wants one!" haha..... He always has a plan. Turns out the other lady had heard from the elders in Reque, and they were going to bring her a Book of Mormon and never came! So that was a cool experience. 

Also, we got a new relief society president who is going to save my life! She is young, from a kind of sketchy part of Chiclayo, and super excited to work! We had a lot of fun and success this week, so that’s awesome! 

Tuesday morning Hermana Williams called and asked if we could help train the pensionistas with her, so for the next 4 weeks every Thursday we go with President and Hermana Williams all over Chiclayo to train the pensionistas what they should and should not do.... not sure if that was a good idea because I have had a LOT that I wanted to tell the pensionistas, but it actually went really well and was a lot of fun. Excited to keep helping them! 

Thursday afternoon Hermana Williams came and proselyted with us which was awesome. She ALWAYS has the spirit so strong with her, and the people’s faces just change when they feel of her testimony. At night we went and dropped her off at the mission home, and she told us we could go back and that president would come with the keys..... so we left, but had a strong impression to go back and wait with her, which we followed and waited until he came. It was so fun to talk with her, who knows what would have happened, but happy to have followed the prompting. 

I am always amazed at the strength and sacrifice of the members here. We had a fhe with a family in our ward, they are awesome but are going through some tough times financially. We had a noche de  hogar about paying tithing and obedience, and they were excited to keep that commandment better and testified that the blessings would come. Then we played “don’t eat pete” which is always a hit haha... 

Hermana Palomino and I are trying to speak in English more, because she knows it! I was talking about the names of our family and said Brooklyn and she said "broccoli?" hahahaha.... we laughed pretty hard. 

Over all, I am loving the Book of Mormon and the example of Nephi. It seems whenever there is a situation that he could complain, he gives thanks. And that act of giving thanks and praying is what helps him out, while Laman and Lemuel complaining is what makes things worse. 

It’s been hot, no one wants to listen and there has been a lot of knocking this week, but I have found so much joy in trying to give thanks and look for the simple joys and good things the Lord is doing to help the work progress. 

Either way, there is no greater joy than being one of the Lord’s missionaries in this time, sure grateful for all He has done for me. 

Love you all and hope you have a great week! 

Hermana Clegg 
el lugar de siempre... pday lunch

took some pics at the Chiclayo sign for pday! 

love her!



package!

president's air conditioned car.....

FHE