Pages

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Lighting the lights and Pizza!



Dec. 10, 2014
Hola!
This week has been so awesome, if you guys haven´t already heard, I LOVE being a missionary!! This week I feel like I learned loads about how to learn and receive revelation and it has been one of the coolest things ever!
Some of the highlights were when we got to do a service project! We were in charge of cleaning the outside, and me and my comp got to sweep and dust the top of these like oil and gas tanks, it was amazing. There is just something about menial work that brings a ton of joy, like doing the dishes. We just swept dirt for a solid hour and I had sweat dripping out of my eyes, but it was so great.
Also we had a couple really great Christmas devos this week! The first one was the first presidency message which was amazing, except for the first time I got SO HOMESICK. It was hard to see temple square and hear about Christmas traditions with family and not be with mine, but as I was praying through the devotional I felt such a strong reassurance that this is where I need to be, helping the people of Peru.
Then the next night we had a HUGE Christmas delio, where we sang in the choir and all the mission presidents from Lima came, it was awesome! There were talks and choirs and songs, we ended singing Silent Night in Spanish with everyone and it was incredible! It is so true that no matter where you are or who you are with, the Spirit of Christmas and love of Christ is always there. After that we went outside to see the lights! It was so pretty! I just started crying and the Elders in our district were like, "sweet, another moment where Hna Clegg cries out of joy for no reason.. check!" Haha they know me so well! But it was so pretty, there was a nativity scene, lights on all the columns and trees playing little Christmas tunes, so awesome! We had delicious hot chocolate, and not so delicious Panaton (fruit cake) and just took in the moment. I really just felt so much peace and love for the people I was with and being a missionary. Then the cockroaches started coming out of the bushes so that moment ended... but still an amazing night haha.
Another highlight this week was yesterday when we got PIZZA! Honestly, since day 5 of rice and chicken every day, all we have been saying is "I just wish we could have pizza" and there it was! We were all enjoying it till we realized that only two districts and gotten pizza and then they had run out, I seriously felt so sick because I knew how much we all wanted it. Then, just like in "All dogs go to heaven" We all started giving away to other people the pizza we had left and it was awesome.
Kind of silly, but meant a lot and made me realize how happy and blessed we are to have the gospel, but how selfish and rude we are if we just keep it to ourselves. And really, the more you share, the more you are gonna get!
Today for PDay we had the opportunity to place another Book of Mormon to some guys painting a house, it was so scary and I realized how bad I am at Spanish, but it is always amazing to me that when we have courage and listen to the spirit, miracles happen.
I have seriously learned so much here in the CCM, but am STOKED to leave early Tuesday morning! I am so not ready Spanish wise, but I am excited to have opportunities every day to share the gospel, and not be stuck in a box haha..
I have gained such a strong testimony of prayer while here as I have received and asked for help in learning a language and becoming a missionary. I want to challenge you all to make prayer and scripture study part of your day. I KNOW it is hard to find time, but I know that Heavenly Father is literally waiting to give you answers and help and more knowledge if you just study and pray. 5 min a day is all it takes! I love you all and am so thankful for your love and support. Have a great week, Feliz Navidad, and remember to pray and give thanks to Heavenly Father for everything this wonderful Christmas season!
Love,

    Hermana Clegg