Pages

Monday, March 16, 2015

Yard Sale...


Lindy's new companion Hermana Ortiz

March 16, 2015

Well... if any of you are skiers... you’ll know how this week went, haha.... straight up yard sale. When you crash and your skis and everything is all over the mountain, that is about what happened. BUT it was fun and is getting better so no worries. 

On Monday Hermana Bean left and I stayed with some hermanas from another area and we had a great pday, fun noche de hogar and it was awesome. Tuesday I found out I was going to have a LATINA companion named Hermana Ortiz from Mexico.... hahaha... then later that day we were walking and talking to some people and I stepped back onto a dog’s leg and in turn GOT BIT BY A DOG. It hurt and started to bleed so we knew we had to call. We ended up going to this sketchy hospital in my area that me and Hermana Bean always called AFRICA because it looks like Africa. I went in and I don’t know if it’s cause I’m a gringa or missionary, but we had like 4 doctors looking at my tiny bite and dumping iodine on it like crazy. After that they prescribed me for something that I ended up not taking because president said it doesn’t help. We then took some people up to look at the dog and they would come back in a few days to see if it has rabies… I find out tomorrow, but I HIGHLY doubt it does. Quite the adventure though. Picked up Hermana Ortiz that night and entered into the WORLD OF SPANISH. Holy shoes... IT WAS SO HARD. But, its getting better and my Spanish has improved quite a bit in the last week. 

Also this week we SAVED JUANITA and she is officially active in the church again and their family is working on going to the temple this year! Super fun and great to see their progress. 

But, this week I can definitely testify that Heavenly Father loves me and all of his children. One night I was feeling pretty stressed and down with Spanish, the area, and all the things that weren’t really working out, and was just praying for help to make it through, and we were eating dinner and in walked 5 GRINGOS! And one with a byu shirt so I knew they were friends, haha. All I could say was "OH MY GOSH YOU GUYS SPEAK ENGLISH!  and tried not to cry haha... they were the family of an elder who just finished his mission and was visiting old areas. I talked with them for like 15 minutes and they were all super friendly and nice and made me feel so much better just to be able to talk to someone. It’s so true that the way Heavenly Father answers our prayers is through other people, and for that reason I am so thankful for this opportunity to serve the Lord and  help him answer the prayers and needs of his children. In a talked called "our personal ministry" it talks a lot about that, and I’m so thankful for all the people on my mission that have helped me and also those I have been able to help. 

Although this week was a little bit all over, I learned so much and have felt my Heavenly Fathers love more than ever. In one lesson we were teaching to Yovanna and Walter, another couple that we are trying to save, I was teaching about how sometimes using the atonement and having faith is just having faith that things are going to get better. Not necessarily immediately, but somewhere down the road. I can testify that that is so true in our life. We don’t necessarily always get the blessings we need immediately, but if we are OBEDIENT and FAITHFUL they ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS come. Our Heavenly father loves us more than we will ever know. 

Hope you all have a great week! 


Hermana Clegg 


Family Home Evening :)

Dog bite!