Pages

Monday, April 13, 2015

Understanding..... rats

Hermana Maria and Kelvin

April 13, 2015
Haha so I don’t know where I picked up the saying, but I always say, "ratas!" When people aren’t home or people walk away from our contacts... but the worst thing happened and I remembered once again that I am in Peru. 
We were teaching a lesson with a family we are trying to help assist to the temple, and a RAT FALLS FROM THE ROOF. Giant, ugly and starts crawling all around the floor, I jumped onto the couch and everyone was laughing at me cause I was screaming, then I cried a little because it was so nasty... but yeah, gotta love Peru. 
But this week has been a crazy one. I have been sick and dehydrated for most of it so that wasn’t too fun. I have had way too many hot drinks from my pensionista. Also, because a tree fell on the pipe or something, all of Jaen has a short water supply, and we have had a couple days without water (and showers) so it has been a fun 3rd world week. LOVE IT. 
But, lots of good things are happening. This week we got to be part of the baptism of Hermano Keller who me and Hermana Bean taught for a couple months then passed him to the elders because his wife didn’t want to listen. But through a lot of miracles he was able to be baptized. What a sweet experience. 
Also, it was Herman Ortiz’s birthday and holy smokes... I’m so sorry that I loved my birthday so much. It took so much effort to plan stuff and make it a special day because she LOVES her birthday and cried the night before because she was worried it would be bad... I love her. But that was super fun and turned out great. 
Also we had a lot of people attend church and a new investigator se llama Iris. She is 19 and has already attended twice! So I’m stoked to keep going with her. 

Something that I loved this week in my studies was studying the atonement. That truly it is not to take away all of our suffering, but to help us through it and give us UNDERSTANDING. The Lord has helped me with that so much this week and I’m so grateful to be here. 
Thanks for all of your prayers and support. Hope you all have a great week!
Hermana Clegg
Companionship love

Birthday dinner for Hermana Ortiz

Hermana Deysi and Christian (long time investigators/friends) 

Baptism of Hermano Keller