Pages

Friday, May 15, 2015

Happy 6 months to myself haha

May 11, 2015

Well, this week was pretty awesome. Same old work, but loving it just the same. 

Funny things that happened... 
One night we were contacting and my comp was on the phone and I was trying to give a picture of Christ to a nice lady, and she wouldn’t take it. I kept trying to explain that she doesn’t have to pay and that it’s a gift, but all the same she wouldn’t. I got super frustrated because I thought she couldn’t understand me, but turns out she was just a Jehovahs Witness haha.. 
I got peed on by a little kid... not sure what is going on with my luck, but proof that all children should wear pants haha. 

This week was a little frustrating. In our ward there are about 3 investigators that come to church every week, but don’t really have the desire to be baptized... because they don’t quite understand the doctrina. This week we had and AMAZING lesson with one of our investigators named Wendy, and another member, and the spirit bore testimony so strong the whole time, but in the end of all of it she still wouldn’t accept the invitation... kind of bummer, but everyone has their agency, so well keep working on it haha. 

Also this week I’ve been thinking a lot about sacrifice, and why the price of living the gospel at times is not easy... and many times is pretty hard. But reading the writings of Paul gave me some more insight... "All that live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution." If we really want to use this life to become like Jesus Christ and follow His example, we have to be willing to pay the price. But the miracles and blessings that come from sacrifice always bring me to my knees in thanks. What a wonderful opportunity we have to "wear out our lives" in the service of others and feel of the grace and goodness of the gospel. D&C 123:3

Anyhow, learned lots. Learned to run away from drunks, and I’m in love with this life the Lord has given me. 

Hope you all have a great week! 
Hermana Clegg
Went to THE BEACH with the district! BEST DAY EVER! Love the ocean!



An old abandoned church