Pages

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Service of the Lord

Hermana Wendy's baptism!

June 8, 2015
Well... every week I try, but I just cannot express how great it is to be a missionary. I love it. I love it so much and love losing myself in the service of the Lord. 

This week was AWESOME. Like all of them haha.... but, Hermana Wendy got baptized! What a party! It was so humbling and so exciting to see her conversion in her decision. One thing she said in her testimony... "I’m grateful that my Heavenly Father has brought me here." So true. We are just spoiled as missionaries to get to be a part of His work. 

My new companion is Hermana CORONA de Mexico!! woot! Another Mexicana.... sticking with the Latina streak my whole mission haha... But she is awesome. I told her she was a hipster, and she said in English. NO. A hipster is a hippie nerd. I’m not a hipster. hahah... but she is pretty dang awesome. I love working with her and we have already had way too many laughs. But seen a lot of great things happening. 

Also we have a new investigator named Luisa that is a reference of a member we are close with. She is coming to church and is from Jaen! So that was fun. We have just been talking about the plan of salvation, but I have come to realize how powerful the simple truths are. That yeah, we are children of god and have a divine purpose. She is doing great and really has the desire to learn. 

Besides that Peru and Reque are still the same. We tried to visit a menos activo new convert and they were all drinking. Slammed the windows shut and ran into the back of their house when we knocked on the door... hahah. And we didn’t hear anything... nah. But, we laughed pretty hard. Too bad everybody has their own agency. 

I was reading about the life of Christ and of Mary and Martha... and how its says she forgot herself in the work. I really feel like I’m coming to that point. The language, companions, the people, members, everything. I just feel so happy and so blessed to have the opportunity to serve... nothing else really matters. What a great opportunity we all have to lose ourselves in this work. Nothing greater. 


Love you all, thanks for your prayers and support! Have a great week! 
Hermana Clegg
My new comp Hermana Corona



After party...