Pages

Monday, October 12, 2015

Inception

BOOM... a hamburger place with Hermana Smith! Love her!

October 12, 2015
Well, first and foremost. I AM NEVER COMING BACK. I’m not. I love the mission so much and really just think that I can’t ever come back. 

I am TRAINING. And it’s the best thing ever. Well, I’m just finishing a training so it’s not that bad, and really just a lot of fun. Her name is Hermana Smith from Holiday, Utah and she is THE BEST. I love her SOOOO much and was all of the blessings I was desperately needing. 

But, I realized that this is kind of a dream. She told me that the real world is where she was and I am just like Mal and got stuck in the mission dream! But... that’s okay because I don’t have to come home for a long time. I just love the mission soooo much. I love how hard it is. I love the crazy days and the lessons that just come EVERY DAY and the miracles and hand of the Lord through it all. 

This week was great. My birthday was VERY PERUVIAN. From 10 at night the night before until 5 am there was a dance party RIGHT OUTSIDE our apt, so we didn’t sleep much, then my pensionista, the bishop, a member and a menos activo gave us cake. 4 CAKES. I was pretty sick by the end of the day, but you just have to eat it. So funny. I felt so loved and it was great day to be a missionary in Peru. 

Also we are finding more people and just having a great time together. We are teaching Hermana Nelly and Susanna and they both came to church finally, so good things are coming! 

I can’t really remember what else, it is all just so great. There is NO WHERE ELSE I would rather be, and nothing else I would rather do. Thanks for all of your support and prayers. 

I have learned that hard things are the best things. To glory in tribulation. I LOVE IT. Obviously, not in the moment, but I see how much the Lord cares about me to help me learn and look outside myself and just experience the Joy of serving.

Love you from Peru!
Hermana Clegg
Pink birthday cake! :)


Birthday package. So excited! 

2 of the parties haha...


The zone singing to me.... 5th cake.