Pages

Monday, November 23, 2015

Summer....

Mangos and planning... 

November 23, 2015
I am SO EXCITED! It is just starting to get hot here again! Sunburns everyday, sleeping with the fan on, hair up. I LOVE summer in Peru.

This week was pretty great. First and foremost... I forgot to look at all we did so I don’t really remember. 

But we found this AMAZING family. Their name is Karina and Ivan and they have two little girls and they are the best thing that ever happened to me on my mission. They are so prepared and have a date for December to get married and baptized. I LOVE teaching them and seeing their faces just light up. The gospel just changes lives, is the best thing all these people don’t know they need and I LOVE IT SO MUCH. 

Besides that, it was a pretty normal week. Nelly and her family are still coming to church, we are still knocking doors and the members are helping us out lots! Couldn’t ask for anything better. 

One cool story is we were talking with a lady on the street and asked if she knew someone else we could teach. We then went to the house of her cousin and a black kid from Florida answered the door. He was from the states and had come down to Peru after some pretty sad things had happened to him, the death of his friend and he had been robbed. We talked with him for a little bit... it was so fun. I could just feel the spirit working through us and knew that we needed to talk to him. He was pretty mad at God and everything that he had been through, and I was really struggling to talk in English to him! But I guess the gift of tongues works both ways because the spirit helped me out a lot and my English got better so I could testify to him. 

The Lord just needs us to do our part and be obedient. He knows how to comfort and help us, ya just have to keep your eye out and be grateful! 

Oh yeah.... I guess thanksgiving is this week! Sure thankful for the best life ever, love you all! 
Hermana Clegg
We bought a tree!