Pages

Monday, November 2, 2015

Unanswered Prayers

Me and my comp Hermana Smith

November 2, 2015
Well, it has just been the greatest YEAR in PERU EVER! Who would have thought time would fly so fast, and I would be so blessed to learn so much here. 

This week was awesome. Highlights: 
There was a day old baby kitten crying on the side of the road, Hermana Smith picks it up and we spent the next 10 minutes trying to find it a home. She is so sweet, in the right place to be an animal lover haha... 

We had a Halloween p day with the hermanas and made caramel apples and did a cake walk! It was so much fun. We dressed up as.... Peruvian grandmas, we just wanted to wear our night gowns. 

It was the holiday senor de los milagros where they worship a painting of Christ that survived an earthquake in Lima or something.... but there was lots of cool decorations and marches and a miracle cake that we ate lots of. 

Also.... we bought McDonalds through a member in the ward and it was SO GOOD. Best Halloween celebration ever! 

And the week.... We are seeing some great progress with Nelly and her family. They came to a baptism and also to CHURCH so that was a miracle. They are so awesome and the ward is starting to help us out with them. 

Besides that we are still searching and doing lots of knocking and talking. But I realize how much I love this work. There is NO WHERE ELSE I would rather be. 

A favorite study I had this week was finding 2 Corinthians 4:18 that was linked with Mosiah and it talked about how the things that are not seen are eternal. I feel the mission is a lot of things that are not seen, but mean so much. The relationship with companions, the ward, random people in the street, myself and with God are things that you cannot see, but really change all of eternity. I am so grateful for the wonderful opportunity I have had to serve here and to keep on doing it for 6 months. Thanks for all of your examples and support. Love you all! 

Hermana Clegg
McDonalds! 

Really cool handmade scripture cases a guy in my ward makes

Intercambio with Hermana Rasmussen 

We take basketball very seriously 

chalking our room... haha perks to living on the roof

I bought a new shirt for my bday. Much needed!

Everyday of my life... love it. 

Nelly and the fam... and PANTONNE.... too early haha 

Miracle bread

Halloween party

McDonalds... kind of expensive here but the first time I had had it in a year!