Pages

Monday, February 15, 2016

Just run with the wind....

Liduvina, love her! 

February 15, 2016
Well, this week was a little bit challenging. Hermana Wood has formed a slogan from Ether 6:8.... the wind or trials are what push the Jaredites to the promised land, so we are just running with the wind whenever the trials and hard things come..... kind of a windy week haha.... but all for a reason I guess. 
So Liduvina tried to turn in her papers to get married and they said that on their identification one of them was put as conviviente and the other was single, so because of the that they couldn't get married, both IDs have to say single..... kind of a really dumb reason, so we have been trying to talk with them and see if there is any way they can change that easily without having to see a judge who are all on vacation right now..... But I guess its for a reason. She just cried and cried as she told us because she wanted to get baptized so bad and that she couldn't, but I know that the Lord has a plan for her... 
And Rola and Lesli are doing awesome, they are just going to Lima for 2 weeks and didn't tell us, so we will have to wait a little bit for them to get baptized as well, which is okay, I know that they will do it. 
Some other highlights of the week was that ALL of La Victoria had no water haha.... so for 3 days they sent in trucks and people would fill up everything they had with water to save it for the next day. It was kind of like the hunger games, people running through the streets and yelling at the trucks to give them water, luckily our dueƱos got some for us so we could shower haha... 
Also, there is an air force base right by our area and this week they have been doing a lot of practices with fighter jets and bombers which was SO COOL. Watching some of them lift off was insane.... and also made the hunger game feeling real haha.. 
We are loving the sea food and this week ate octopus and tollo (baby shark) which was SOOOO YUMMY. 
I think the best part of the week was I wanted so bad to give a present I made for hermana smith for her birthday, but the way things were panning out I wouldn't be able to get it through the office and to her on time. I prayed, and we called the assistants to see if I had a package and hermana wood did, so we went to the office and Hermana Smith was there! It was so fun to see her and catch up with her, I LOVE HER SO MUCH! It just helped me realize once again how important our desires are to our heavenly father and that he answers prayers, a lot of times better that we could imagine. 
All in all I have learned a lot and am grateful for the wind, even when sometimes it's not what I was planning on, but that it all is working together to point the investigators and me to the place we need to be. 
Love you all and hope you have a great week! 

Hermana Clegg
one of the water trucks...

Noche Misional... water balloon volleyball... such a hit!